Cab Calloway American singer and bandleader
Cab Calloway is a 86 years old American singer and bandleader from Rochester, New York. Cab Calloway was born on December 25, 1907 (died on November 18, 1994, he was 86 years old) in Rochester, New York. His nickname was Cabell Calloway III (birth name).
Cabell Cab Calloway III was a jazz singer and bandleader. He was strongly associated with the Cotton Club in Harlem New York City where he was a regular performer. Calloway was a master of energetic scat singing and led one of the United States' most popular big bands from the start of the 1930s through to the late 1940s.
Read full biography
No, he died on 11/18/1994, 28 years ago. He was 86 years old when he died. Cause of death: stroke. He died in Hockessin and buried in Ferncliff Cemetery .
Cab Calloway Albums (29)
There are 29 albums of Cab Calloway.
His last album St. Louis Blues (Live On The Ed Sullivan Show, May 26, 1963) released 1 year 4 months ago. When St. Louis Blues (Live On The Ed Sullivan Show, May 26, 1963) released, he was 113 years old.
His first album The Hepster Cat: The Very Best of 1920s - 40s released 84 years ago, he was 30 years old when this album released. There were 20 songs in this album.
View all Cab Calloway albums.
Popular Cab Calloway Songs
- Minnie The Moocher (Best Of The Big Bands, released 33 years ago)
- Everybody Eats When They Come To My House (Hi De Ho Man, released 48 years ago)
- St. James Infirmary (Jukebox Hits 1930-1950, released 17 years ago)
- Reefer Man (Best Of The Big Bands, released 33 years ago)
- Jumpin Jive (Hi De Ho Man, released 48 years ago)
- The Ghost Of Smokey Joe (Halloween Classics: Songs That Scared The Bloomers Off Your Great-Grandma, released 15 years ago)
- The Jumpin' Jive (Best Of The Big Bands, released 33 years ago)
- Hey Now, Hey Now (Are You Hep To The Jive?, released 28 years ago)
- Hi De Ho Man (Hi De Ho Man, released 48 years ago)
- A Chicken Ain't Nothing But A Bird (Hi De Ho Man, released 48 years ago)
Cab Calloway Movies (29)
There are 29 movies of Cab Calloway.
His first feature film was The Blues Brothers (1980, as Curtis). He was 72 when he starred in this movie. Since 1980, he has appeared in 29 feature films. The last one is Cab Calloway: Sketches (2012). In this movie, we watched him as himself .Cab Calloway movies.
Cab Calloway movie characters
The names of the characters/jobs in the films he starred in are as follows:
Cab Calloway TV Shows (3)
His first TV Show was The Ed Sullivan Show (1948).
He graduated from Lincoln UniversityWhat was Cab's zodiac sign?
Cab Calloway zodiac sign was capricorn.
Other facts about Cab Calloway
|Alias||Cabell Calloway III (birth name)|
|Place of death||Hockessin|
|Place of burial||Ferncliff Cemetery|
|Official website||Cab Calloway official website|
|Date of death||1994-11-18T00:00:00Z|
|Ethnic group||African Americans|
|Family name||Calloway. Show people with the surname Calloway|
|Cause of death||Stroke|
|Country of citizenship||United States Of America|
|Manner of death||Natural Causes|
|Work period (start)||1930-01-01T00:00:00Z|
|On focus list of Wikimedia project||WikiProject African Diaspora|