Tony Ward Biography
Anthony Borden Ward (born June 10, 1963) is an American model and actor.
Tony Ward was born in Santa Cruz, California on June 10, 1963, to Robert Borden Ward, from Kansas, of Irish and Italian descent and Karen Elizabeth Castro of California, of Syrian and Sicilian descent. Ward is the second of three sons and spent his childhood mostly in San Jose before moving to Sonora where he graduated from high school. From there he moved to Los Angeles to pursue his dream of being an actor/model/dancer.Tony was discovered by a scout while attending West Valley College in Saratoga, California and started modeling at age 18.
Ward began his modeling career in 1983 and achieved fame as an international supermodel, first for Calvin Klein underwear with images by Herb Ritts. Later he worked with photographers like Karl Lagerfeld, Steven Klein, Steven Meisel, Dimitris Theocharis, Terry Richardson and Rick Castro, (who had initially introduced him to Ritts) and for fashion designers such as Roberto Cavalli, Chanel, Dolce & Gabbana, Diesel, Fendi, H & M and Hugo Boss.
Ward is signed to DNA Model Management in New York City, Why Not Model Agency in Milan, Italy, Premier Model Management in London, Photogenics Model Management in Los Angeles, Unique Models in Copenhagen, and Bananas Models in Paris.
Ward has his own fashion brand SixInTheFace "Hand Ravaged Clothing by Mr. Ward".
Ward also shot for famed photographer Jim French of COLT Studio Group.
In 1996, Ward had his first starring role in the movie Hustler White, directed by Bruce LaBruce and Rick Castro. In 1998, he appeared in Sex/Life in L.A. Jochen Hick's adult do*entary about the sex lives of the guys who make L.A. adult movies. Ward reunited with LaBruce playing a homeless junkie in the 2010 zombie thriller L.A. Zombie.
Ward appeared in then-girlfriend Madonna's music videos for "Justify My Love" (1990) and "Erotica" (1992), with the former casting him in a more prominent role as her lover. The latter shows Ward in quick snippets as the video is an amalgamation of footage from various Madonna photo shoots.
Personal lifeTony Ward (center) with Madonna (l.) and Madonna's back-up singer Donna De Lory at the AIDS Project Los Angeles benefit concert in 1990
Tony is also a painter and photographer. He lives in Los Angeles and is a father of three.
Ward was Madonna's boyfriend in the beginning of the 1990s and he appeared in some of her music videos as well as the controversial SEX book in 1992. According to People on April 15, 1991: "Madonna and male model Tony Ward, 27, her last boyfriend of record and one of the objects of her desire in the "Justify" video, are no longer an item. It may be a coincidence, but he seems to have dropped from her arm at about the same time tabloids revealed that he had married an old flame, Greek-Australian photographer Amalia Papadimos, 23, in a quickie ceremony in Las Vegas on Aug. 21, 1990—after he had begun dating Madonna."
- 1996 - Hustler White by Bruce LaBruce and Rick Castro — lead role
- 1998 - Sex Life in L.A. by Jochen Hick
- 1999 - Out in Fifty by Bojesse Christopher and Scott Leet
- 2002 - All about the Benjamins by Kevin Bray
- 2007 - Story of Jen by François Rotger — lead role
- 2010 - L.A. Zombie
- 2010 - Out Getting Ribs
- 2022 All Man: International Male
- 1987 ABC - "King Without a Crown" (directors Vaughan Arnell and Anthea Benton)
- 1988 Belinda Carlisle - "I Get Weak" (director Diane Keaton)
- 1989 Madonna - "Cherish" (director Herb Ritts)
- 1989 Taylor Dayne - "With Every Beat of My Heart" (director David Kellogg)
- 1990 Madonna - "Justify My Love" (director - Jean Baptiste Mondino)
- 1990 Tommy Page - "I'll Be Your Everything" (director Greg Masuak)
- 1992 Madonna - "Erotica" (director Fabien Baron)
- 1995 Rusty - "Misogyny" (director Bruce LaBruce)
- 1996 George Michael - "Fastlove" (directors Vaughan Arnell and Anthea Benton)
- 1996 Spice Girls - "Say You'll Be There" (director Vaughan Arnell)
- 1999 Esthero - "That Girl" (director Patrick Hoelck)
- 2000 Sinéad O'Connor - "Jealous" (director Mike Lipscombe)
- 2005 Lisa Marie Presley - "Idiot" (director Patrick Hoelck)
- List of male underwear models
- Tony Ward at IMDb: